Whether you agree or not but excreting is indeed a pleasurable experience. Getting rid of the waste products makes you feel relieved, refreshed and relaxed instantly. A clear tummy is an indication of perfect health and a well-functioning digestive system.
But owing to several factors like poor diet, physical inactivity, lack of water, or some other health issues, sometimes the stool becomes too hard to pass leading to a condition called constipation. In most cases, this occurs because the colon has absorbed too much water from the food.
Carrying the extra baggage of toxic substances in the body creates an obnoxious situation. Though, constipation is often marked by butt of jokes, the severity of the problem is deep-rooted and if not treated on time it can cause several adversities. It often leads to depression, bloating, loss of appetite, vomiting, fatigue and several other conditions. It might surprise you that prolonged constipation can even lead to death, though it’s very rare!
Ayurveda is the ancient science of healing and soothing diseases while enhancing the quality of life. The wise and the learned discovered auspicious vitalities of life and formulated some magical therapies and medications from natural extracts that work wonder in healing the body.
The problem of constipation is not new and so is its solution. The cure to this nasty issue can be found scripted in the Vedas. Ayurveda considers constipation as a result of Vata imbalance and blockage of channels. The solution to hard stools is formulated in the recipe of Swadistha Virechan Churna.
Swadistha Virechan Churna – A cure for constipation
Swadishta Virechan Churna is a poly-herbal Ayurvedic medicine specially formulated for treating constipation and facilitating detoxification of the body. The ingredients of this magic potion ease bowel movements, unblock the digestive channels and clear the tummy. It also brings a sigh of relief by soothing the symptoms of constipation.
The main ingredient of Swadistha Virechan Churna is Senna that aids in curing constipation, the rest of the ingredients are mostly added to control the side effects caused by senna. A brief detail of the components are given below:
- Senna: It is the main ingredient in Swadishta Virechan Churna. It contains a component called sennosides that tempers the bowel linings, stimulate bowel muscles, and induce laxation thereby pushing the stuck materials out of the colon.
- Licorice: Licorice is effective in soothing the linings of the alimentary canal and reducing the effects of the Senna.
- Fennel seeds: These seeds are helpful in reducing the cramps induced by Senna leaves.
- Purified Sulfur: This has laxative action and assists to manage constipation.
As per Ayurveda, Swadishta Virechan Churna is a balanced polyherbal medicine that does not cause any side effects when used for shorter duration. Some of the cautionary terms mentioned are:
- Do not use this for a longer period as it might destroy the body’s natural laxative properties.
- It is safe for children, adults, pregnant women, and geriatric patients when used in controlled amounts.