Since the ancient Vedic times, milk and milk products are considered very sacred and holy. The cow is worshiped in Hindu culture as it blesses us with all the rich nutrients. Ghee is a by-product of milk which is efficacious in several ways. Right from boosting your energy to smoothening muscles and joints it works through your system. Ghee is also a potent pain reliever and skincare salve. It is used in various Ayurvedic massages and therapies.
Shatadhauta Grihta is an ayurvedic formulation extensively used for skincare treatment. In Sanskrit Shata means 100, dhauta means washed with water, and ghrita means ghee. Shatadhauta ghrita is prepared by washing purified ghee one hundred times with water. Traditionally, this method was done with hands but it can also be done in a machine.
We are well aware of the benefits of ghee when consumed orally but it is also an incredible lotion that spells magic on the skin. It is a natural moisturizer and anti-wrinkle unguent that keeps the skin cool and makes it soft by nourishing all layers of tissue. Ghee is rich in fatty acids which acts as a natural hydrating agent for all skin types
Shatadhauta Grihta is a thick concentrated ayurvedic cream that heals the damaged skin by penetrating into all the seven layers of tissue and cures the skin problems from within making the surface smooth and silky.
Perks of Shatadhauta Grihta:
- The cooling properties of Shatadhauta Grihta provide instant relief from burning sensation and burnt wounds.
- Shatadhauta Grihta aids in the rebuilding of dermal tissue and supports healing of skin
- It is an amazing astringent, anti-wrinkle and cleansing cream suitable for all skin types.
- Its anti-inflammation property helps in soothing the pain caused by skin irritation.
- Applying Shatadauta Grihta helps in removing scars, spots and dark circles from the skin.
- It’s moisturizing property help in curing chapped and dry lips. It can also be applied over the skin before the bath to treat dryness of the skin.
- It gives an even-toned skin by removing various scars of acne, chickenpox etc.
- Its astringent qualities help in balancing the skin doshas.
- This amazing lotion is potent in curing skin related disorders like herpes and erysipelas.
- Pregnant woman with unexplained bleeding or spotting can apply Shatadhauta ghrita around the umbilicus.
- Shatadhauta ghrita is also used as a natural healer in a number of Ayurvedic therapies including leech therapy.
- It is also used as a base for the preparation of a multitude of creams and ointments.
How to use?
- Use your fingers to take a small dab of the Shatadhauta ghrita cream and apply on the affected area, rub gently in a circular motion and leave it to get soaked.
- It can also be applied to the face as a moisturizer. Just apply the cream for 15 minutes and wash off with warm water.