As the scorching sun envelops the planet and the blazing heat sucks up the energy, we try to find solace in the decked up fridge with refreshing drinks. While the cold drinks and the iced brews offer some relief but they hardly benefit the body. With people turning into fitness freaks and health nazis, more eyes are turning towards for healthy alternatives to soothe their needs.But many forget that nature has given us a wonder herb, `Indian Sarasaparilla ( Hemidesmus indicus ),’ popularly known as `Sogade beru.’ The roots of this herb have the medicinal property of protecting human beings from common summer ailments.
Sarasaparilla is a natural coolant and has a lot of medicinal qualities. It grows in cool places. The outer part of its root is brown in colour with a whitish inner part. The root has a pleasant odour with astringent taste. Sarasaparilla syrup is prepared from its root by means of steam distillation. It is mixed with sugar, water and citric acid proportionately to evolve `sarasaparilla’ concentrate (syrup).
Benefits of Sarasaparilla sherbet
• Body coolant: Sarasaparilla is a natural body coolant and keeps us hydrated during summer.
• Blood purifier: Sarasaparilla is an excellent blood purifier and health tonic and increases our energy levels
• Urinary infection: Sarasaparilla sherbet is reported to be an excellent home remedy for urinary infection.
• Constipation: Consuming a glass of Sarasaparilla sherbet also is a good and effective home remedy for constipation and it also relieves body pain.
• For Digestion: This Sarasaparilla sherbet is an effective way to treat our stomach disorders
To prepare delicious sherbet, 20 ml of syrup should be added with 100 ml of cold water.
It is generally advised to take Sarasaparilla syrup once a day before breakfast. In some cases, three times a day is also permissible.
SARASAPARILLA IS AVAILABLE IN ALL 57 AyurCentral stores.
CALL US NOW 080 – 2356 2056