No one is immune to indigestion. It is one of the most common issues that bring life to an abrupt halt. Indigestion can be caused by a plethora of underlying causes and is usually indicated by severe heartburn, pain, acid reflux, flatulence, bloating etc.
This throbbing issue is mostly caused by a poor choice of diet and leading a sedentary lifestyle. However, there might be some other deep-rooted causes like peptic ulcer, gastritis, depression, stress, lack of sleep etc. Whatever the reason be, this condition requires urgent attention and if left unattended for longer duration it can trigger several fatal disorders.
Though there are several allopathic drugs that claim to soothe indigestion and relieve its symptoms instantly but they hardly care about the underlying issue causing indigestion. Whereas, Ayurveda the age-old science of healing life looks deeper into the issue, checks every aspect of the patient’s life and pins the exact reason responsible for the trouble.
For troubles related to indigestion, Ayurveda long hails the use of Jeerakarishtam a polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine that acts as a panacea for indigestion. It is widely used for treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), diarrhea, poor appetite, phthisis, postpartum fever, postpartum debility, acid peptic disorders etc. It mainly acts on the digestive system and reduces gas formation, flatulence, bloating, excessive thirst, loose stools, and mucus content in the stool.
- Therapeutic Actions
- Jeerakarishtam is prepared from powerful herbs that have been used since centuries as a tonic.
- Jeerakarishtam is a potent tonic known to improve appetite and digestive capacity whilst strengthening the stomach, liver and intestine.
- It is an effective medicine recommended in post-natal care as it detoxifies the uterine and eliminates toxins from the uterus following the delivery.
- Its antipyretic and antibacterial properties help to manage the infections during the postpartum period in women.
- Because most of the herbs used in Jeerakarishta are hot in nature, it also keeps one away from cold and infections by boosts immunity.
- Jeerakarishtam is also used in the treatment of frequent passing of stools, diarrhoea, indigestion etc.
Jeerakarishtam is blessed with many medicinal values which make it a right fit for treating a plethora of disorders, keeping diseases at bay whilst strengthening the body. Some of the most revered medicinal properties of this formulation are:
- Uterine detoxifier
- Digestive stimulant
- Mild antipyretic
- Antibacterial & Antimicrobial
Effects of Jeerakarishtam on the digestive system
- Treats Loss of Appetite
- Jeerakadyarishta has an appetizer and digestive stimulant action, which helps to improves the appetite and enhances digestive capacity and absorption.
- Cures Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Jeerakadyarishta is beneficial in treating loose stools with mucus along with bloating, gas, burning, insomnia and mild abdominal pain.
- Supports healthy digestion
Jeerakarishtam is known for improving digestion and reducing the abdominal discomfort and bloating. It is immensely beneficial in the management of gastrointestinal diseases. It further detoxifies the body and ensures elimination of toxic products accumulated in the body.
Side Effects of Jeerakarishtam
There are no side effects reported with Jeerakarishtam. However, it is best taken only under medical supervision.
Also, as it contains some level of sugar, so diabetic patients should take it under the supervision of a doctor and should check blood glucose level regularly.
During pregnancy, it is best avoided or can be taken based on doctor’s prescription.
It can be taken during lactation period but again it’s always better to take expert’s advice