Guduchi also called Giloy or Amrutha (Scientific: Tinospora Cordifolia) is the best immunity booster and acts as a tonic for the entire body. Guduchi is a popular shrub found throughout India. The plant has heart-shaped leaves, yellow flowers and a pea-sized fruit which becomes red in color when ripe. All parts of the plants have various medicinal properties and are rich in nutrients.
AS AN IMMUNITY BOOSTER
Guduchi is recommended as a total body tonic in ayurvedic texts thousands of years ago. For centuries, if not millenniums Indians have traditionally used extracts from Guduchi to boost their immunity.
A research paper titled “THERAPEUTIC VISTAS OF GUDUCHI (Tinospora cordifolia): A MEDICO-HISTORICAL MEMOIR” by scientists from the All India Institute of Ayurveda, New Delhi and Banaras Hindu University in “The Journal for Research and Education in Indian Medicine” has identified vital nutrients like calcium, phosphorus, iron, copper, zinc, and manganese in appreciable quantities apart from anti-oxidants, vitamins, polysaccharides, and essential acids.
This high life-enhancing quality makes Guduchi the best rejenuvator for the body. The recent researches only reaffirm the validity of the practice of the ancients.
BENEFITS OF GUDUCHI
1) Skin & Tissues: The oil processed from Guduchi plant is helpful in treating swellings in the joints, gout and skin diseases.
2) Life Span: Regular consumption of Guduchi extracts like Giloy Ras or Guduchi tablets help slow down the aging process and bestows longevity and promotes a more youthful look
3) Memory: Regular intake of Guduchi helps enhance one’s memory power
4) Stomach: Guduchi helps treat digestive disorders like hyperacidity, worm infections in the stomach, appetite loss and nausea. The root of the plant is used to clear bowel obstructions.
5) Liver: Recent researches show Guduchi can help in the ailment of Liver disorders like Hepatitis
6) Spleen: It is useful in treating complications in the spleen
7) Excretory System: Guduchi helps beat Renal calculi and reduces blood urea level
8) Discomforts: Mixed with neem and adhatoda, Giloy can vanquish itching and discharges
9) Diseases: It is useful in treating tuberculosis, jaundice, rashes, constipation and even leprosy
10) Sexual: It helps clear sexual debility and impotency
11) Heart: It helps improve the functioning of the heart in heart patients
12) Blood: Guduchi helps aid bleeding which occurs as a result of pitta imbalance
13) Fever: The starch from Giloy is used as a remedy for chronic fever
14) Diabetes: Giloy juice reduces blood sugars and helps diabetic patients lower their sugar levels
15) Apart from the above benefits guduchi acts as a total energizer to the body
Almost every part and every natural function of the body can be improved by the regular consumption of Guduchi extracts. This is why we again repeat that Guduchi is the best total body rejuvenator.
RESEARCH RESULTS ON GUDUCHI
A 2012 research titled “Tinospora cordifolia: One plant, many toles” by doctors, Dr.Soham Saha and Dr Shyamashree Ghosh from National Institute of Science Education and Research, Odisha identified many properties of Giloy in animals and in human beings. In Human Beings, Giloy exhibited potential anti-cancer, anti-viral, immune-modulatory, anti-diabetic and pro-neurological enhancement properties.
Another researcher from Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Dr.Nagaraja Puranik has noted anti-diabetic effect and enhanced heart function in rats feeding on Giloy in his research titled “Efficacy of Tinospora cordifolia (Willd.) extract on blood lipid profile in streptozotocin diabetic rats. Is it beneficial to the heart?”
Researchers from The Centre for advance studies, Pune published a paper titled “Immunomodulatory effects of Tinospora cordifolia (Guduchi) on macrophage activation.” This research proves that Guduchi can sharpen and hasten ones immunity response to invading bacteria and viruses and help combat such threats from pathogens faster and better.
The results from the above researches have confirmed all the benefits of Guduchi listed earlier in the article. If you still ask it that all, well there is more…..
Phytoconstituents in Giloy are supposed to potentially aid in the prevention of Covid-19. A paper by Cornell University submitted on May 29, 2020, titled “In Silico Investigation of Phytoconstituents from Indian Medicinal Herb ‘Tinospora Cordifolia (Giloy)’ as Potential Inhibitors against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)” tries to throw light on this. Anything conclusive on Covid-19 can only be confirmed after a major study with all the recommended protocols but for now, there is promise in Guduchi.
Not even a single research identifies any side effects for long term consumption of Giloy. However diabetic people who are on drugs to control sugar levels should be careful because Guduchi can further reduce their blood sugar levels. Similarly, people who are preparing for surgery are advised to not consume Giloy at least a fortnight in advance to not tamper with the ‘ideal blood sugar level’ for surgeries. Pregnant women shall avoid regular intake of Giloy.
AYUSH MINISTRY RECOMMENDATION
The advisory from the Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy(AYUSH), Government of India to the people of India for the prevention of Co-vid 19, recommends consumption of 500-1000 mg of aqueous extract of Guduchi every day.
HOW TO TAKE GUDUCHI?
Guduchi Tablets: One or two tablets every day after meals
Giloy Ras/juice: two to three tablespoons before meals twice a day
Giloy Juice made from the stem of the plant: One or two tablespoons with honey after meals
Giloy Churna or Powder: Mix half tablespoon powder with one glass of water and have it after meals twice a day
Giloy Kwath: two or three tablespoons few minutes after meals twice a day
Note: If consuming twice a day, it is best to ensure an identical timeframe between every intake.
Guduchi is an all-weather immunity booster. Anyone can have it and enjoy its benefits. There probably is no easier and better way to stay disease-free than to have an extract of Giloy on a regular basis.
Guduchi personalized to your needs in the form of kwaths, powders, juice and tablets are available in our store