THE VARIOUS AYURVEDIC JUICES AND THEIR BENEFITS
THE VARIOUS AYURVEDIC JUICES AND THEIR BENEFITS
Juices from herbs recommended in Ayurveda can offer various benefits for different people. Luckily today many companies have taken it upon themselves to prepare these juices with all recommendations laid out in ancient texts for the benefit of the public. Some of the most widely available packaged Ayurvedic juices which can offer numerous benefits for the public are:-
Amla or the Indian Gooseberry is an amazing fruit. In Ayurvedic system it is one of the few foods that can balance all three Tridosas. To take things to next level Amla is considered a fruit that contains all six rasas or tastes. So with all major tastes and the ability to balance all three Tridoshas, Amla is a super fruit with multiple benefits for the body. Juice or Ras prepared from Amla also carries most of the goodness in the fruit.
- Rich source of vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, C and minerals like calcium, copper, manganese, iron, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc.
- It helps prevent cancer by providing nourishment at a cell level, thus replacing tumor cells
- Amla has the potential to improve eyesight with its abundance of vitamin A
- Amla is traditionally used as a blood purifier and recent studies have also proved the same
- Rich in anti-oxidants, it slows down the ageing process.
- Amla is one of the best herbs to prevent hair fall and promote hair health and reduce graying of the hair. It is best to complement your daily dose of Amla ras with ayurvedic Amla hair oil for hair health.
- It aids burning excessive fat in the body
- It helps improve liver health and cures gastric disorders
- It acts as a cooling agent and soothes inflammation
- Consuming Amla ras regularly can improve your muscles and bone strength. It is also beneficial for Oral health.
- Amla ras is also indicated for relief from cold, cough, constipation and piles. It can also help in reducing blood sugar levels.
- Amla helps improve blood circulation; hence people with bleeding disorders should be careful while consuming Amla Ras regularly
- Amla also lowers blood glucose levels and hence diabetic patients must monitor their sugar levels while consuming Amla juice along with other diabetic medicines
Amla in its various forms has been subject to various scientific studies and no side effect has been reported so far. It is best to consume 5- 10 ml at a time after meals.
Karela Juice is made from bitter gourd, a vegetable widely available in India. Like the name suggests, it is known for its bitter taste. In Ayurveda, it is used to manage Pitta dosha and also as a purifier against worms and infections in the body.
- Karela Juice is rich in proteins, fiber, vitamins A, B9, C and minerals like zinc, potassium, sodium and iron.
- 150 ml of Karela Juice provides 95% of the daily vitamin C requirements. This promotes brain health, immunity and tissue healing according to a study in British Journal of Community Nursing.
- Helps improve eye sight and skin health
- Rich in polypeptine-p, charantin and vicine, three components which helps reduce blood sugars.
- Helps in weight-loss when combined with physical activities.
- Helps lower bad cholesterol.
- Karela Ras is low in calories and high in hydration.
- Karela Ras should be consumed with moderation as too much consumption can lead to an upset stomach or similar illness.
- It is not ideal for pregnant women. It is advisable to take the recommendations of a physician.
It is recommended to have 20 ml every day for immunity.
It is made from three wonder fruits Amla, Haritaki and Bibhitaki. The combination makes it one of the most powerful Ayurvedic juices available in the market
- Anti-inflammatory, Immuno-modulatory and is a natural laxative.
- Is very effective in reducing blood sugars
- Promotes Oral health
- Anti-Cancer properties
- Helps in Liver disorders
DOSAGE & PRECAUTIONS
Triphala Ras is a total body rejuvenator and hence is very beneficial when had in limited doses. 15 ml of Triphala Ras two times a day followed by 1 glass is water will make an amazing immunity booster.
Wheatgrass is the freshly sprouted leaves of the Wheat plant. Wheat Grass Juice has been traditionally used to treat many chronic diseases and is also popular as a nourishment drink. Former captain and star batsman of Indian Cricket Team, Rahul Dravid, used to consume it regularly as a health drink.
- Wheat Grass has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial properties.
- Wheat Grass Juice is rich in vitamins A, C, E, K and B complex and thus is an immunity booster.
- It is also rich in iron, calcium, chlorophyll, magnesium and enzymes.
- It helps in digestion and boosts metabolism
- Wheat grass juice works on our mental health and relieves anxiety.
- Studies have shown a positive impact of the juice on Alzheimer’s disease patients
- It can help in Diabetes, Arthritis and helps lower blood pressure.
A 2015 study has shown the potential for anti-cancer properties in Wheat Grass juice.
An overdose can cause nausea, headache, constipation, and upset stomach.
It is not advisable for pregnant or breastfeeding women
Not advisable for people with gluten resistance.
1 teaspoon mixed with water.
Giloy or Gudduchi also known as Amritha is the best known ayurvedic herb for Immunity. Giloy Ras is a tonic to the body and regular consumption improves all aspects of the body and its functions.
- Giloy Ras is best to treat all kinds of Respiratory illness
- It is used to treat chronic fever
- Treats conditions like Asthma, Diabetes, and Arthritis amongst others
- Improves metabolism and digestion
- Acts as an Immunity Booster and is a total rejuvenator.
- Anti- Aging properties
- Improves Vision and senses
- Promotes mental peace and relieves stress.
DOSAGE AND SIDE EFFECTS
No side effects have found been detected for consuming Giloy Ras in limited doses for a long period of time. It is best to take 20ml of Giloy Ras a day in two separate doses parted by atleast 8 hours or as recommended by the physician
NEEM JUICE & ALOE VERA JUICE
Neem Juice is used to treat mouth plaque, stomach ulcers, intestinal worms, itchy skin, malaria and any other parasitic infections and diseases amongst other wonderful benefits.
Aloe Vera juice is also loaded with vitamins and minerals. It is useful in digestive disorders, balancing hormonal problems, enhancers the skin, flushes toxins to boost immunity and helps prevent hair fall amongst others.
These two juices however very powerful medicines and is best to consume after consulting a physician.
All these Ayurvedic juices are indigenous to India and are widely available. You can get them from all Ayurcentral stores and order them online at www.ayurcentral.com
Click here to explore our wide range of juices