Panchgavya is a Sanskrit word formed by the amalgamation two different words Pancha which means five and gavya indicate cow product. Thus, Panchgavya is a blend of five products that are obtained from the holy cow. It’s a concoction of cow’s dung, urine, milk, curd, and ghee.
A cow is a sacred animal as everything obtained from the cow from its milk to its dung is immensely valuable and has oodles of benefits. Because of its rich contents and eternal healing essences, Panchgavya is often hailed as a divine elixir by the sages of ancient India. In Ayurvedic scripts, Panchgavya is honored as the apex of total health, both physiological as well as psychological.
- Cow’s Dung: The wonders of cow dung have always surprised man with its awesome miraculous powers. It is a great antiseptic, antibacterial and fungicidal. Apart from being a lifeline for plants, it is also useful in treating multiple skin conditions. It is a very popular practice in India to use cow dung as a disinfectant for floors and walls that even protects from radioactive rays.
- Cow’s Urine: Cow’s urine is highly acclaimed as a therapeutic ingredient and is globally acknowledged as a medicine for curing over 3000 diseases.
- Cow’s Milk: It won’t be wrong to call cow-milk marvelous nectar for life. Cow milk provides special and unique nutrition that nourishes all the tissues, promotes balanced emotions, and helps to balance all the doshas.
- Ghee: Cow’s Ghee is blessed with ample of nutritive bonuses and is considered an ideal diet. It enhances physical and mental strength, keeps the body healthy and increases the potency of the body. It further helps in detoxifying the body and eliminating impurities from the body
- Dahi: It is the best probiotics, be it boosting digestion, detoxifying the body, gifting a glowing skin or amazing hair Dahi has a part to play.
Benefits of Panchagavya
- Panchagavya – A boon for Plants
- Panchagavya is a farmer’s best friend. It’s perfect for organic farming as it shields the plants from soil, micro-organisms, and enhances plant production.
- Panchagavya is a magic fertilizer that works wonder for the health and growth of roots. It is much more profitable than synthetic fertilizer applications and chemical sprays. It is easy to prepare, comes at a cost easily affordable by the peasants.
Panchagavya A blessing for mankind
- It is ladened with ample nutrition and is a great herbal remedy for internal dryness.
- It doesn’t only heal the body but also lightens up a depressed mind.
- It is widely used as medicine and also in a preparatory procedure for the treatment of neurological and psychiatric conditions, epilepsy, insanity, fever.
- It provides relieve in constipation and helps in maintaining weight through optimum digestion.
- It is widely used to treat several liver diseases including Jaundice.
- It is an organic composition that is known to strengthen the brain, nerves, eyes, rectum, and other body organs.